The flooring industry keeps evolving. It’s often difficult enough to catch up on current trends without trying to figure out what trends we can expect in the future.
Flooring is no longer a one-time purchase. It’s now a long-term investment. Consumers are becoming more aware that they need to upgrade their flooring every decade or two. They want to make sure that their floor is durable, easy to clean, and doesn’t scratch easily.
In response, manufacturers of all brands are making it easier for consumers to replace the old with new floors themselves, without any professional help or expensive installation costs. This is an exciting opportunity for homeowners who may not be able to afford a full remodel but still want an updated look and feel in their home.
Discovering the newest trends is useful for both homeowners and business owners. In this article, we will discuss the new trends in flooring for either residential or commercial spaces that you should know about.
- The retro trend is about nostalgia. This trend gives a throwback vibe with its use of geometric shapes and bold colors. These types of flooring can come in patterns as well as solid colors such as black or brown so it does not have to look old-fashioned.
- The back-to-nature trend is about using natural materials. This trend has emerged over the last few years because many people are now opting for a more natural look when it comes to their flooring. This means that they are looking for things like wood and stone which can help them create an atmosphere that is warm and welcoming, especially in a space such as a living room or kitchen.
- The open-floor trend is about efficiency. The trend of “open floor” spaces has increased in popularity in the business world. The larger the open space, the more difficult it is to ensure a higher-quality floor. Today, many office spaces provide more opportunities for collaboration and creativity, which are both essential for a successful business. The main requirement for an open floor office is that the floors need to be clean and safe.
- The Eco-friendly or green floor trend is about environmental sustainability. Floors can be made with recycled materials that don’t emit hazardous chemicals or toxins into the air while being laid or installed. Eco-friendly carpeting is now widely available along with organic carpet cleaners to maintain sustainability.
- The safety-first floor trend is about practicality. Floor are typically made with materials that protect people from slips and falls, something that could occur during winter because of the snow dripping off everyone’s shoes and boots when they walk into an office building.
In recent years, there has been an explosion in the number of people who have started to invest in flooring. This is because it is seen as an investment that can improve the look of any indoor space.
Flooring trends can be difficult to keep up with and if you don’t stay up to date, then it is likely that your options will be limited.